Friday, October 25, 2013

Collecting Inspiration


   




Inspiration is a big part of my day to day. Mostly that is due to me checking my favorite blogs and Tumblr every other hour. Okay that's an exaggeration, but I do get on them a lot :) I love viewing beautiful images, stories, ideas, clothes, etc. Now that I am a part of the design school at KU, I feel like an artist more than ever. In our drawing class we are required to keep a sketch book. While it's mainly for improving our drawing skills, we can really fill it with anything we want, including magazine cutouts, lyrics, quotes, photos... Since I'm not the best drawer ever (or even close!), my book has a lot of free people catalogue inspiration, lyrics, and such. I've only added a little bit so far, but I am so glad I started a sketch book. I love working in it and collecting beautiful images. I can't wait to see it all filled up. Even cooler is to think about 10 years from now. What were my hopes/ dreams, my favorite songs, what did I love? It will be a special thing to look back on, and it is a special thing to work on right now. 

Blog Archive