Thursday, August 8, 2013




Hey friends :) Today I woke up to the beautiful sound and sight of rain outside my bedroom window. My alarm, for some reason, was set, but I just didn't want to wake up for the longest time. I really resisted...then finally the smell of coffee made me get up. I went out and bought a pair of Hunter rain boots from a vintage boutique. I have had my eye on them for quiet a while now. Hunter boots cost around $150 online and I snagged them for $45! SUCH a great deal :) As I was driving home, I spotted the neighborhood that I used to live in a long time ago. I made a last minute decision to turn onto the street and drove past my old house, as well as the school I went to kindergarten at! Of course I stopped to play on the playground for a bit (my sister was with me but she refused to be in the pictures).

Seeing my old school brought back a lot of memories. My classroom was big, with wood floors, art easels, a big, colorful rug for circle time, bookshelves, and big tables for all of the kids. I loved reminiscing on those days. Especially now that I am 18 and moving to college in two weeks, it was nice to remember what being a little kid felt like again.

Speaking of eighteen, I'm noticing this whole adulthood thing more and more. It's definitely not easy. It's hard to grow up, but still be my parents kid. It''s especially hard for me because I have a lot of  and dreams and plans, and I"m always very excited to move from one adventure to the next. Life can be hard and messy, and it can be so good too. I only hope that I am doing things right, you know? I believe that as long as I put God first, things will turn out just fine. I will trust in Him.

I wish that I could be a little girl again, running around on the playground free of worries. Don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to this next year, learning and growing. But that little trip to my old neighborhood was a great break from reality!

Love,
Aleah Eileen 



Blog Archive