Thursday, August 29, 2013

Abide in Me

For the past hour or so I have been slowing sipping some delicious, warm coffee, working on a little homework, and journaling. After journaling all about college life so far, I started to feel really thankful. Thankful to God for all the awesome things that have happened so far here in Lawrence and for all the things I know are coming my way. I am so thankful to God for providing me with all that He has. One thing I am so thankful for is the amount of campus ministries here at KU.  I am so excited to be apart of one (this week I have gone to a lot just to try them all out) and really get connected to other student's here who are determined to put God at the center of their lives/ college experience. My favorite this week was Open Swim which was held Monday night at the Danforth Chapel here on campus. First, I have to mention the cuteness (sorry) of the chapel. It was pretty and it was small, which I really like. And so cute! So, more importantly, there was a band of two guys who led worship for quite a while. It was amazing. My first day of real college classes and I ended it with worshipping God. I don't remember the name of the song I really loved, but I do remember the lyrics "In life, in death, abide in me." In fact, the song kept saying "abide in me." That became my prayer, for God to abide in me. I want to grow in my faith, stay strong in the Lord, and serve him with all I have. I pray that he will abide in me and be seen through how I live. Open Swim only happens once a month and I am already looking forward to the next time. I just loved it so much. There is something so beautiful about worship at night, in a small chapel, surrounded by fellow students who I didn't know, but I know love Jesus. Wow. Also, the speaker had some really great stuff to say. He talked about why we were here in college, and I know I am here, first and foremost, to be a light for Christ. And yes, I sadly have to take classes and do schoolwork, but even through that I can share Jesus! And ok, it's not so sad cause I really do enjoy my classes! So, there will not be any pictures with this post. I just wanted to share my heart and write about how great things are going so far. I hope you all are doing great as well! 

Love,
Aleah Eileen 

Blog Archive