Sunday, June 2, 2013

It Doesn't Exist.




"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it it not there. There is no such thing." 

C.S Lewis wrote those words in his book, Mere Christianity. I believe they are so true, so I wanted to share them here. Everyday, life is filled with SO much of this world. From buying something new all the time, to hanging out with people, to getting on social media, to watching TV, to this and that. There is no doubt that distraction is everywhere. Therefore it is so easy to seek this world. You know, we keep seeking things that we want or people we like. But, outside stuff will never satisfy us. I believe only Jesus will. Time spent with him, thankfulness for his love, faith, trust in him, worship, knowing who he is through his word. Only those things will provide true joy. Lewis is so right- there is no such thing. It simply doesn't exists, a happiness found without Christ. So I will seek him more and the world less. My desires come second to his. I will rest in his love this week. 

Love, 
Aleah Eileen 

Blog Archive