Monday, April 1, 2013

A Beautiful Sunday

Hello there. Sometimes when I am writing about the details of a day, I really just wish that someone else could know exactly what I am talking about. As in, today the weather was absolutely beautiful and warm. The sun was shining, the outdoors just smelled so good. Even now, as I am sipping on hot tea in my room, my window is open and the sun is shining through. I hear voices and laughter coming from the park just a few feet away. This moment right here feels wonderful. Like I said, I wish you could be in this moment to experience as my words just don't do it justice. I'm sure, though, you have had moments just like this when all you can think is "this is beautiful."Today is Easter, the day our savior rose from the grave. How glorious.

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities: the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." - Issaiah 53: 5 
Today called for my favorite ever dress. It has clouds and airplanes on it, and it makes me feel super pretty and just, idk, happy! It even has pockets. So, I wore it to church for a great service. While I was there, I thought to myself how cool it is to know so many wonderful people. I saw a lot of friends at church this morning which was fun.


You are never too old for an easter egg hunt! I only found eight eggs. I was kinda behind. However, I  did eat entirely WAY too many chocolate bunnies. My sister Micala is the one with me in the picture! 


You know the song "The House That Built Me." Whenever I hear that song, I always think of my gma/gpas farm. It has been a magical place for me ever since I was little. More so when I was younger, along with my two sisters and my cousin, it was a place full of adventure. We always stayed for a week in the summer, riding horses, jumping hay bales, and exploring across open fields and little forests of trees. We were princess having afternoon tea on the porch. We were explorers following paths along the little rivers into the woods. Inside the house, we baked cookies and ate lots of candy, we made crafts in the upstairs room. In the evening, we would take rides in grandpas truck to feed the cows. The truck drove along winding dirt road as we sat on the back with our feet dangling off the edge of the truck bed. The sun would be shining as we felt the cool summer air hit of faces, and all around there would be nothing in sight but farmland. And the most magical part, the night sky. With no lights around for miles you can see the stars more clearly than anywhere else I have ever been. I love this place a lot. 


I spent some time upstairs in the playroom reading Dr. Suess books. He is of course my favorite author. Also, I remember reading these books at my grandmas house, so it was fun to go back upstairs and kinda reminisce. 

In all, it was a great weekend. I am ready for this week to begin because a lot of exciting things are upcoming. Have a lovely week :)          -xo Aleah Eileen

Blog Archive