Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Love for Baking






Hi friends. Today is a lovely, rainy Saturday. I woke up this morning to the sound of rain drops hitting the roof and thought, what a perfect day. After a devo and lots of coffee, I put on my rain jacket and headed to Target to pick up some supplies to bake. As I have mentioned before, I LOVE to bake. I recently bought the cutest checkered apron and a new tea/tablespoon set. They are so cute and I finally got to use them today!


So, as rain was pouring down outside the window, I set the oven to 350 and mixed away. I chose to make chocolate butterscotch chip cookies. Just one of the many recipes on my "to bake" list. I definitely had more than a few licks of the batter. When I put them in the oven, the house slowly started to smell wonderful; sweet and warm, I guess? Anyways, the house smells so good and the cookies taste even better. 


There is something beautiful about making a batch of cookies from scratch. Baking is relaxing, messy in the best way, and the end result is delish. The cookies are perfectly flaky, gooey, chocolately, and butterscotchy. 




 Today has been one fine Saturday. Rainy weather and baking go hand-in-hand. I'm so thankful for a day like today. Now, time for a long nap :)



Blog Archive