Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just thinking tonight...

I'm sitting here in my room tonight, listenting to pretty music- the kind that makes you think about life. I don't know exactly what I want to say. However, there's just something about putting pencil to paper. It's beautiful. These days we always use our phones and the internet, everyday and even every hour. I want to get away from that for just a moment and say what I have been thinking lately. I read a verse recently that said "be thankful always." I long to take that seriously. How wonderful would it be to see the beauty in every circumstance. A million things happen in a day- conversations, activities, school, work... Through all the chaos, sometimes people let you down. Sometimes you let yourself down. Things don't go as planned, hard times happen. It's certainly not easy, but I believe we have the power to see beauty through all of it. We can't do it alone- only with the strength God provides. However, we really can choose joy over any other alternative. I am sitting here, reflecting on my life lately. A lot of cool things have happened recently. I have amazing poeple in my life that I am getting to know better and better, I am really becoming confident in who God has made me to be. I have enjoyed conversations with friends over coffee, laughing with my sister, getting excited and ready for college, and more. I get to experience drives home with the most magical sunsets staring back at me. These moments are wonderful and I am so thankful for them! The moments, though, when life is stressful, or I don't feel confident in myself, or something is just simply wrong- I must be thankful for these moments just as much as I am for the good times. They lead me to the Lord. They remind me that I need him, desperately. When I rely on him, I experience real love. So, be thankful ALWAYS. It's worth it :)


*1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 is the verse I talked about

Blog Archive